Saturday, November 21, 2009

Animal Welfare Phonies


When dogs want to find out something about somebody, we just smell their butt. It's fast, it's accurate and it's easy. I can tell right away if a dog is weird, crazy and whether or not I should stay away from him. Humans have all these complicated ways of finding out stuff about other humans that take forever--stuff that we dogs could figure out by smell in two seconds. They use this really stupid way of communicating called social networking. There's this thing called FartBook and every human in the world seems to be hooked on it and they spend lots of time writing all kinds of stupid things on it. It's sort of like a cat who keeps raking the same two inches of kitty litter in the box, over and over. You wonder what the hell they're doing in there.

Well, my mom is on FartBook and she got "unfriended" by a phoney named Pamela Barf. (Being unfriended is no worse than being woken up from a good nap, btw.) So, this Pamela Barf, who my mom met at the Genesis Awards last year (you know, that party where all the humans give themselves awards for doing stuff they should be doing anyway?), had an argument with Mom about Hell and hunting. She told Mom she was going to hell and that hunting is the way to save animals.

She can think what she likes, if she calls that thinking. But she can't fool us dogs into believing her argument that hunting is all that necessary or good for anybody. It's not. It's mean and it's bloody and it's stupid. So some of my dog friends on Fartbook cut and pasted her opinions on hunting and here they are, just in case there was anyone left on this planet who believes that this phony likes animals. And just as a side note? I'm no expert but I bet there's a lot of hunting in hell only it's the hunters who get hunted.





Kathrine Breeden Pam, I'm having a problem here, you became a Fan of this group? Safari Club International? you're not serious?? the photos on here are horrible. These people make me feel quite sick.

Jagt i Zululand 2009

By:Casper Skødt Nielsen

Yesterday at 1:46am · Share · See Wall-to-Wall

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

Yes, my husband and I are members of SCI. Jeff is going to Africa next April. I am not against regulated hunting. I am against poaching.

Yesterday at 8:28am

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

If you read my info section you can see what I am about. I have never hidden the fact that I am not opposed to regulated hunting. My activism has mostly to do with confinement and suffering of animals.

Yesterday at 8:35am

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

Animals in the wild never die a painless death one way or another. Where there is no regulated hunting there is poaching because regulated hunting is what brings in the funds to police poachers. It's all regulated.

Yesterday at 8:47am

Kim Tussey Carter

Kim Tussey Carter

Katherine, just because Pam feels that regulated hunting is ok (actually, it really does help animals from starving and moving out from the forest onto the highways and getting hit by a lovely semi) doesn't mean she's not an animal activist. I've seen her work for many years and No Other Volunteer that I know have done as much for animals in their... Read More entire lifetimes, as Pam has done in the last several years. Hopes this help to explain.

I don't know you, but I'm sure you are a fan of a group, that others might not understand. It appears that you have a great passion for animals, so I know where you are coming from. But I have also listened to Pam and why she feels the way she does and I understand her and realize she really does want to help these animals from starving and being mowed over by cars, via regulated hunting. And if regulated, it stops (most) ppl from poaching, which is so wrong!

Yesterday at 10:46am

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

Thank you Kim. Yes, in Africa their wildlife is their number one natural resource. It's difficult to farm crops there, so if it weren't for the wildlife, starvation would be worse than it already is. So anything that hunters kill over there, the meat stays in Africa and it's given to villagers. So when a several ton elephant is killed by a hunter (not poacher) approx $30,000 goes into that community because the government’s trophy fees and the villagers of that community gets all of the meat hunter (not poacher) approx $30,000 goes into that community because of the government's trophy fees, etc. and the villagers in that community get all of the meat.

Yesterday at 10:55am

Kim Tussey Carter

Kim Tussey Carter

Yes, and I know someone that came here from Africa and they used to hunt the zebras for meat. As you say, if they didn't then HUMANS would starve to death. It's all regulated and Yes, animals are dying (we'll NEVER GET EVERYONE TO BE A VEGETARIAN), but not for trophies, but for food and the $$ that they spend for licenses and and other regulatory fees, as Pam mentioned, goes back into the village also.

Yesterday at 11:00am

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

Outside of the protected preserves in Kenya, 70 to 80% of the wildlife have been POACHED away because Kenya banned regulated hunting in 1977.

Yesterday at 11:07am

Kathrine Breeden

Kathrine Breeden

I would be very concerned if my husband enjoyed killing animals so much that he was willing to spend thousands of dollars and fly thousands of miles to pursue that hobby!

Yesterday at 12:25pm

Kathrine Breeden

Kathrine Breeden

I always had the impression that governments made much more money from photography safaris these days - more tourists want to shoot photos not animals I think! They use that money to keep the poachers away and reduce the need for people to want to poach because the tourism creates employment locally.

Yesterday at 12:26pm

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

No. Eco-tourism (which you speak of) brings in only hundreds of dollars per day, safari hunting brings in thousands of dollars per day. Eco-tourism doesn't even begin to pay for the government resources necessary to protect wildlife from poachers.

Yesterday at 12:34pm

Kathrine Breeden

Kathrine Breeden

You obviously know a lot more about hunting than I do. Would you like to see the day when there is no need for hunting? shouldn't we animal lovers be doing whatever we can to bring that day closer?

Yesterday at 1:10pm

Kathrine Breeden

Kathrine Breeden

or isn't it really the case that the hunters are having too much fun pursuing their hobby? they enjoy what they do and if it came to a situation where they weren't welcome in one country because there was no justification for their activities they would be seeking out other places where they could hunt? they're not hunting out of the goodness of their hearts, let's be honest here!

Yesterday at 1:13pm

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

This is earth. That utopia will never happen here. I am anticipating the day I get to heaven where there is no more death, sickness or suffering of humans or animals.

Yesterday at 1:14pm

Kathrine Breeden

Kathrine Breeden

and surely the thousands of dollars to which Kim & Pam refer would be better spent on educating the people in those countries rather than killing their wildlife? we all get to choose how we spend our tax dollars don't we? and hunters choose to spend theirs on killing animals. I don't like that I must say!

Yesterday at 1:16pm

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

We want hunters to be the best they can be, so they are accurate and professional. Yes, they do love the thrill of the hunt. Have you read my two notes (in my note section) about deer and alligators needing to be hunted? I have many more examples of why hunting is necessary and will post in my notes soon. on my page with regard to this issue. --- I have a lot of hunters and huntresses on my page who have posted great facts and information. You've missed quite a few 'pj' classses. :)

Yesterday at 1:19pm

Kathrine Breeden

Kathrine Breeden

To me that's like saying "This is earth. There will always be wife-beaters and there's nothing we can or should do about it". You're sounding defeatist Pam, not like you!! Hopefully it will be a very long time before you get to heaven.

Yesterday at 1:22pm

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

It's not defeatist. There will always be suffering and death on this earth. I'm a realist.

Yesterday at 1:23pm

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

Kim - Too funny - Kathrine deleted all of her comments! LOLOL --- I think she got embarrassed by her ignorance. They do like to run away. --- I ended up having to block her after a nasty comment personally attacking Jeff and I on another thread, then I come back to this one and see that she deleted all of her questions on here. LOLOL --- Love it!

Yesterday at 1:42pm

Stacey Huston

Stacey Huston

Pam.. I am still seeing Katherine's comments.. Maybe if I refresh the page they will go.. but for now. I will continue to read..lol

Yesterday at 2:07pm

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

Stacey - On this thread? I still see her comments on all of the other threads, but not on this one.

Yesterday at 3:12pm

Whitney Scott

Whitney Scott

I see them too. If you can't see them, Pam, maybe she blocked you?

Yesterday at 5:59pm

Pamela Bertsch

Pamela Bertsch

I actually blocked her, so not sure what's going on there because I can still see her posts on the other threads. It was an all out bombing from her this morning. She was typing so fast on four threads! :)

Yesterday at 8:59pm

Juliette Abell

Juliette Abell

Maybe Katherine was embarrased by your comments. You know? Who made your way the right way? Many of us don't agree with you on this. Your after comments were bullying and nasty. Go advocate for hunting with your bff Palin. I know it's your profile that I'm writing on and you can say whatever you want on it.
So goodbye peacefully. Now make sure to talk about me.

12 hours ago

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela Bertsch: "Once again you're listening to people who don't know what they're talking about. Yes, I'm going to huntress camp next summer, but I've already told my friend who I'm going with that I will most likely never become a huntress . . . you don't understand why hunting is necessary for MANY reasons. Those who oppose hunting are inhumane to animals in my book! The downside of not hunting is MUCH worse for humans, animals and our environment. A true animal advocate does his/her homework!"

What kind of animal advocate says such things?

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

1 comments