Monday, November 16, 2009

Jinky, Dog of a Hollywood Wife, is Actually Bobby Fischer's Furry Child

The mystery of my brain is finally revealed by the New York Times.

I'm really worried that my dad is not my dad. The New York Times, see below, is saying that my real dad was Bobby Fischer, the famous chess champion. If the New York Times is correct, and they usually are pretty good about fact checking, then my dad, Kevin Rooney, the comedy writer, is not my real dad.

I know I was dumped at the pound and then adopted but if my real dad is Bobby Fischer, then I finally understand why I'm so smart and can write and think smarter than my other dog friends. I'm smarter than Kevin Rooney and I've been pretending to be dumber than him because, well, our relationship works better that way. I want him to be happy and he would really be miserable if he thought he was dumber than me, his dog.

If my real mom is a Philippine chess champion and not Carole Davis, the aging actress and animal rights nutjob who investigates pet stores, then I finally understand why I'm way smarter than her too. And also why I have a mouth full of weird looking teeth and a perpetually skeptical expression on my face.

Here's my dilemma: A: I love my adoptive parents.
B: They would never accept this as truth even if it is plainly clear that the NY Times has proven it to be true. It would break their hearts and our relationship would never recover from it.
C: I could inherit a lot of money if I came forward and took a DNA (Dog, N A test)test to prove that I am Fisher's rightful heir. I could probably beat my own, real, Philippine mother at chess and prove it with that alone.
D: I love my adoptive parents more than the $36 million I could inherit so I had better just keep quiet and act dumb.

Read below:




http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/crosswords/chess/15chess.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

Fight Over Fischer’s Estate Is Taking Shape in Iceland

Published: November 14, 2009

Bobby Fischer died in January 2008, but his long, strange story is not over.

This month, Miyoko Watai, the head of the Japanese Chess Association, who had long said she was Fischer’s wife, had that claim certified by Iceland’s highest court, according to the Web site Chessbase.com. That would make her the heir to Fischer’s estate.

But a few days later, Marilyn Young of the Philippines said in a statement, also published on Chessbase, that she had filed a claim in Iceland that her 8-year-old daughter, Jinky, was Fischer’s child. Among documents provided by Young were pictures of her, Fischer and Jinky together and at least two postcards to Jinky signed “Daddy” that she said were from Fischer. If Young’s claim is upheld, the statement said, her daughter would be entitled to two-thirds of Fischer’s estate under Icelandic law.

The claims must be settled in Iceland because Fischer was a citizen of that country when he died, and he reportedly left no will. He had emigrated to Iceland in 2005 after renouncing his United States citizenship.

Fischer’s estate could be substantial. He received $3.65 million in 1992 for winning a match with his old rival Boris Spassky, and sponsors paid for many of his living expenses.

Chess League Playoffs

1 Comments:

Blogger MIlton Davis said...

Jinky, you are sooooo egocentric. Do you think you are the only Jinky in the world? Really! A recent fortune cookie I got with takeout reported to me the following: "The parents you want are the ones that feed you. Reset your priorities>"
NOYK

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

1 comments