Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Jinky's Thanksgiving: Meeting his meat at Animal Acres

News Type: Event — Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:51 PM PST

Meet me, don't eat me!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody, I've been a very bad dog.

I used to love gobbling up turkey on Thanksgiving. But, the other day, I actually met a turkey and he was walking around all happy with his friends. He told me about how he was rescued by a farmed animal rescue organization called Animal Acres. What a story! He had almost been murdered at a slaughter house and now, he's retired and living it up at the sanctuary. Hanging out with him made me feel like I've been a total jerk-dog all these years.

I walked right up to that turkey and said, "Wassup, Dude?" He snapped back at me. "Yo, Jinky! Can you do me a huge favor? Can you please tell all your friends that we actually feel it when they kill us? And that we are cooped up our whole lives and that this bogus "holiday" is a Turkocide? It's a totally mean holiday for turkeys and other farmed animals."

After that, I went over to the area where they keep the pigs. They were huge! They looked like they could seriously kick my ass. I have new respect for pigs. They are even lazier than me and can sleep through anything. Lots of vegan tourists were there, hanging around with the pigs in their house and the pigs were, like, "I'm napping, get over it." Their house was very rustic chic and I really liked their carpet because you could pee on it and no one got mad. I sort of lifted my leg in a corner.


I'm not a Ham,
A pig I am! I love Prop 2 , and so do you,
The horrid crates are banned!

Mom's friend was petting one of the pigs and another pig walked over and drenched her pants in pig pee--filled up her entire sneaker. Everybody was laughing. Boy, nobody would laugh if I did that at MY house. It got me thinking about all the ham sandwiches everybody eats. They don't don't make the connection, I guess. After meeting these guys, I'm not sure I'll ever look at a ham the same way. They have blinky sweet eyes and long eye lashes and the girls have really round butts like Playboy Piggies. They even look like they're walking around in high heels.

A lot of my dog friends like to chew on pig ears all year long, not just on Thanksgiving day. Let me tell you something: I met a pig that weighed eight hundred pounds. I think if you're going to chew on a pig's ear, you ought to try and get it off of him alive--yourself. This guy could have crushed me if he wanted to. He didn't. He let me into his house and he saw me pee in the corner and didn't mind at all. My mom gave him a huge belly rub.


Mom giving the giant a belly rub.

So this Thanksgiving, I think everybody should actually thank the animals for a change. Come up to Animal Acres and check out what a fab place it is.

It's better than heaven, because nobody had to die to get there.

Jinky, Dog of a Hollywood Wife.

Animal Acres is a farmed animal sanctuary and compassionate living center located just 45 minutes from Los Angeles. Animal Acres ( www.animalacres.org ) works to promote compassionate living through its farmed animal rescue and refuge efforts, public education and outreach, and advocacy projects to prevent cruelty to farmed animals. Since we opened our doors in 2005, thousands of people have visited the sanctuary and learned that farmed animals need protection, and love, too. Animal Acres is "Home Sweet Home" to rescued cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, sheep, goats, and other "country critters.

Nice guys like me get slaughtered by the millions for...religion. I've got beliefs too, ya know, like peace for ALL God's creatures.


By Carole Raphaelle Davis, actress, animal welfare advocate and author of "The Diary of Jinky, Dog of a Hollywood Wife."

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele at Daily Dog Lick said...

I love Animal Acres. They do such great work. Did you see the "30 Days" episode where the hunter works there for 30 days? By then end, even he was convinced that much of what farm animals endure is needless and cruel.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe Biden got his puppy from a known PUPPY MILL breeder who committed fraud

http://www.examiner.com/x-1513-Philadelphia-Dog-Advocate-Examiner~y2008m12d12-Pennsylvania-puppy-mills-and-ice-PresidentElect-Biden

Report on the fraud and suspension http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/8439/PA/US/

6:50 AM  
Blogger My Cat Ranch said...

Wow! That is one big pig!

Our doggies like the pig ear alternatives. They come in peanut butter or bacon (artificially) flavored.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

3 comments